To create the most effective promotional product for your business, you need to take a close look at your business operation and ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of products do you sell?
- What services do you provide?
- What needs do you satisfy in your customers?
- What problem does your product or service offer a solution for?
- Why do people do business with you and/or buy your product?
- Jot down your answers and then brainstorm ideas on promotional products that fit with the points you’ve noted.
Here are some examples to clarify the process:
- Bottled Water Supplies
- Landscaping/Lawn Mowing Service
You can brainstorm ideas for a promotional product for your business by reviewing what your business does and what problems it solves for your customers. Make a list of all the needs your business fills, create a small profile of your average customers, and look at what items would be useful to them.
The key questions are:
- What products do you think your customers would use in their daily lives?
- What promotional products have some association with your company’s products or services?
You should come up with several effective choices once you’ve answered those two questions.